Friday, November 4, 2005

Worst 10 States For Auto-Deer Collisions.

Pennsylvania ranks first among the top ten worst states for vehicle-deer collisions, according to a State Farm insurance survey published Thursday. The article goes on to say to avoid collision with a deer, keep your headlights on bright as often as possible to see deer close to the road. One other report I read once said NOT to use your highbeams because the deer are attracted to the bright lights. I'm surprised North Carolina's not on the list. I see deer by the highway and interstates often, especially near the Biltmore Estate. I had the misfortune of colliding with a deer one evening after midnight coming home from work. My car was demolished, but I was miracuously able to drive the rest of the way home. But the weird thing is I never did see the deer until after the accident.

1. Pennsylvania
2. Michigan
3. Illinois
4. Ohio
5. Georgia
6. Minnesota
7. Virginia
8. Indiana
9. Texas
10. Wisconsin

Link

2 comments:

FunkyMama said...

wow. I'm also surprised not to see South Dakota, either. But, then again, we only have two freeways/interstates and the deer have lots of room to roam beyond highways. But, everyone I know has a story about car meets deer.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on html header while searching the web and wanted to tell you it is great. Feel free to have your participants view html header for more great ideas.