Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Brighter Day Today

Hallelujah! I slept six hours last night. I feel a lot better but still have some way to go with mental health, I'll admit.

I DO feel like I can say that I am off of some sort of death watch. Not 100% but enough so that I can claim it today.

I ate a whole bowl of cereal this morning and had a bit of tea and grapes.

Mother fixed her own breakfast and is chipper and bored today. Time has really slowed down for her. Time is still relevant, so that's a good sign.

Today I will try to find the joy in what I DO have going in my favor as to what I DON'T have going on.

IF I COULD JUST REMEMBER TO TAKE MY OWN ADVICE!!

Over the past few weeks I keep desperately saying, "Now what is it I usually do to keep the blues away?"

I can usually keep it at bay and WITHOUT help from drugs and/or alcohol. So I may have to turn to the doctor for some stress relief soon.

But I am off of unofficial 'death watch' for now. I know that but my stressed body doesn't know that yet. Soon, I hope.

**UPDATE: I got my The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease, Other Dementias, and Memory Loss in Later Life book that Sandi Rainbolt recommended to me today. Already very helpful.

No comments: