Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I found this at Deb's sugarfused.net website.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? EGG NOG. WITH VANILLA VODKA IN IT :)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? I HAVEN'T DECIDED ABOUT HOW TO DO PHOENIX'S PRESENTS YET. PROBABLY JUST PUT THEM UNDER THE TREE UNWRAPPED.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? WHITE LIGHTS ON MY HEARTH, WHITE LIGHTS ON THE OUTSIDE GARLAND FRAMING THE WINDOWS, AND MULTI-COLORED LIGHTS ON MY TREE.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I HAVEN'T IN AGES.
5. When do you put your decorations up? WE ALWAYS TRY TO HAVE THEM DONE BY DECEMBER 13TH (WE ALWAYS DID IT ON ROBIN'S BIRTHDAY), BUT USUALLY TAKES A FEW DAYS LATER THAN THAT.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? GLAZED HAM WITH PINEAPPLES IS THE MAIN DISH BUT ALSO THE JUNK FOOD STUFF-- CHEX MIX, EVENING COCKTAILS, THE COOKIES WE BAKE.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I LOVED GOING TO MY GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE ON CHRISTMAS DAY AND GATHERING EVERYONE AROUND THE TABLE TO EAT AND WE HAD DRAWN NAMES FOR PRESENTS. IT WAS ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? CHRISTMAS EVE AFTER DINNER, MY FRIENDS WERE HERE FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND THE DOORBELL RANG AND IN CAME SANTA CLAUS! WE TOLD HIM WHAT WE WANTED AND WERE ALL GIDDY AND STUFF AND WHEN HE LEFT I PEAKED OUT THE WINDOW AND SAW HIM LEAVE IN A BLACK BUICK. BIG BUMMER.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? WITH ORNAMENTS COLLECTED OVER THE YEARS LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE PLUS ABOUT 50 BARBIE COLLECTIBLE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS THAT ROBIN HAD AND OTHER COLLECTIBLES LIKE FRANK SINATRA, HOWDY DOODY, PRINCESS LEIA, AND MORE.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! DOESN'T EVERY SOUTHERNER?
12. Can you ice skate? NO.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? GETTING A GROWN UP BIG GIRL WATCH ONE YEAR. MY EASY BAKE OVEN! A BRIDE DOLL I LOVED BUT GOT HER DIRTY AND MOTHER TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME BECAUSE I WAS TOO ROWDY. :(
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I LIKE THE REVERENCE OF GATHERING FOR MIDNIGHT MASS (THIS YEAR AT ST THOMAS EPISCOPAL IN ELIZABETHTON) WITH THE CEREMONIAL INCENSE, PROCESSION, THE MUSIC, THE FELLOWSHIP WHETHER IT WAS A BUDDHIST CEREMONY OR AT THE LOCAL UNITARIAN CHURCH.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? WHITE FRUIT CAKE IS ONE OF THEM. IT'S NOT REALLY A FRUIT CAKE, BUT MORE LIKE A BUTTERY POUND CAKE WITH FRUIT. YOU CAN FIND THE RECIPE ON THIS LINKS OF RECIPES I HAVE HERE.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? THE LUMINARIES
17. What tops your tree? AN ANGEL
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? NOW WHO IN THE HELL IS GOING TO SAY RECEIVING?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS. I HAVE CRIED DRIVING OVER THE MOUNTAINS IN SNOWSTORMS TO GET HOME TO MY FAMILY FOR CHRISTMAS WHILE LISTENING TO THIS SONG.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? MEH... I LIKE THE STICKS!! IF YOU DON'T BUY THEM EARLY, THEY ARE ALWAYS SOLD OUT AROUND HERE BUT I FOUND SOME THIS YEAR.
Let me know if you played along!