Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Traditions?

Do you or does anyone in your family have any Thanksgiving traditions?

I don't think that we had any. I read that someone ate spaghetti-o's for Thanksgiving because they hated turkey. Mine is pretty normal.

When I was about 17 and microwave ovens were first introduced to the world, my Father had some type of promotion at his store (sold tires, furniture, appliances) where they cooked a whole turkeys in a microwave, which was pretty revolutionary at the time. He brought one home for our dinner and I made a big stink about not eating it because I was sure it was contaminated with radiation from the microwave rays.

But I would LOVE to be able to have a photo or video of each Thanksgiving dinner table for each year to see all the seating changes that took place. Would that be cool? People who have passed one, people you were dating or married to, etc. It would be a real cosmic quilt of friends and loved ones who've been woven throughout your life.

That's what I'm going to meditate on today. All the different people who've come in and out of my life and how thankful I am to have been able to experience them in it.

1 comment:

Shirl said...

We do have an old home movie from the year dad was running a gas station and had to be open on Thanksgiving. We ate dinner in one of the bays. Thanks for the boost to remember!