Thursday, April 5, 2007

Genders, Due Dates


**Sweet Daughter got a due date today of September 10.
We won't know the sex until the ultrasound at the next visit.

This ultrasound is able to see the brains and kidneys and everything I'm told. They sure have progressed over the years. We already saw the little sweetie on bedside ultrasound when it was just 13 weeks old. Did I tell you about that? The arms and legs were moving all around and it looked like it (I sure do dislike saying "it") was trying to do that old crazy macarena dance.

We heard the baby's little heartbeat again today. Swish, swish, swish, there's nothing else like that sound and it makes my heart sing each time I hear it.


Will your baby be a boy or a girl? This ancient chart is supposed to predict your child's gender, based upon your age and the month of conception!

More about the chart

The chart was supposedly discovered in a tomb and is rumored to be over seven centuries old. (The original is said to be on display at the Beijing Institute of Science in China.) How accurate is it? Reports vary -- so don't repaint the nursery based on the results -- but it's still fun to see what is predicted for you! To make it easier to read, we have separated the chart into two. You should also base your age on your lunar age. Lunar months are about 29 days long.

I didn't try to calculate the lunar months on anyone, but I checked out the results for my birth and my sisters birth and my two kid's births and they all came out gender correct! Not sure what to make of that.


1 comment:

Marie said...

There is nothing like having a baby in the family to bring much joy to the fold. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear and see more.