Friday, May 19, 2006

I saw a guy on tv spiking a watermelon which reminded me of doing it when I was younger. I thought everyone had heard of spiking watermelons. But my Father hadn't. We were having some kind of outdoor family gathering and my sister and I saw the watermelon and knew what had to be done. So she plugged a hole in it and I began pouring a fifth of vodka into the watermelon. Daddy ran outside and began freaking out.
"What in the hell are you doing?"

Us, smiling, "Spiking the watermelon, Daddy. What's wrong?"

"You're doing what?" he asked

And we explained to him the whys and wherefores. This man who had several cocktails each week and had a healthy nightlife had never even heard of this before.

Before long there was nothing left but flies buzzing around the discarded rind and a good time was had by all.

No comments: