Wednesday, February 18, 2004


One of my passions. Collecting sock monkeys. After a life of being a drug addict, I had to find other things to get passionate about. So I collect stuff, root for basketball, and sometimes sew. I collect sock monkeys; old and new. My favorite one is a tiny 5" one that sits on top of my monitor on a velcro strip I glued there. I take it off and pop it into the washer occasionally. It brings me some strange degree of comfort. I also have other old toys. I'm nuts about all things related to "The Simpsons". I root for Duke University basketball mostly, but enjoy almost all sports. And I also love to sew. As long as I have my machine in working order and some fabric, that's where I'll be. I used to be fanatical about exercising. It's now a much healthier relationship. There's more passions...ballet, playing guitar and singing. Writing on my weblogs, too. And the obvious-- being a mother and a woman and the heart of my family.

I'm still learning about me and my passions. I had arrested development because of my drug abuse. So I'm still growing up in many ways. Why don't you tell me a little bit about what you are passionate about? I may be able to guess for some of you.

No comments: