Tuesday, February 3, 2004

I've been discombobulated for days now. I'm so set in my ways in my old age, it's not funny. When I get up, I come to the computer with my morning java, read my email, the news, then onto the blogs for posting and reading. All the while, fueling up on caffeine in the quiet of the house and doing the whole waking up thing. Getting my head on straight. Well, getting my head cleared. (former hippies never say "straight" ha!) Then, my day goes forward with chores, errands, etc.

Now, if I'm interrupted in my morning routine, my whole day is off kilter. Skyler has been out of school today and they came home at 9:00 yesterday. Hubby wanted to stand over me and hold forth all morning Monday and I couldn't keep a thought in my head. Skyler wants her eggs cooked just "so". It seems a little selfish, but I need, or enjoy is more like it, those few morning hours alone with myself and the computer.

---------------------------
Funky Stylist, Brini Maxwell gets it done in retro style.
---------------------------
We were talking last night about getting back to vegetarian eating around here and reminisced about what derailed us all before. Skyler was a vegetarian until age 3 1/2 when we caught her going into the trash for a discarded chicken leg. I succumbed to a slaw dog and hubby got weak with Hickory House bar-b-que. So we're going to give it a go around here again. Anyone got any good recipes?

No comments: