Saturday, February 14, 2004

I just frosted the carrot cake my husband wanted for Valentine's Day. I've always made him a special cake each year, and because of his diabetes now, he can't have sweets. But he does indulge just a wee bit. It's certainly not easy for someone who used to eat lots of sweets. I used to make him a Red Velvet Cake each year. In 2-layer heart-shaped pans and make a cream-cheese icing sometimes and sometimes another icing; can't remember the other one right now, but it's on my recipe card. It was such a big hit the first time I made it, it's become a ritual. I thought better of it this time, but he persuaded me to make a more "healthier" carrot cake for him and I relented if he'd promise to take it easy on it. Now I find low-sugar, low-fat recipes for the Red Velvet cake, so I may try that next time around. I really like to cook and so does he, so we trade off in the kitchen.

No comments: