Friday, November 7, 2008

Don't Be Talking About MY President

My sweet, fragile and timid little Mother was with a group of ladies of all ages at a formal function today when someone told a derogatory joke about Obama. The lady started to tell the 2nd joke when my prim and proper 86 year old Mother butted in to say,
"You know that I'm a Democrat, don't you?"
The girl got red-faced and flustered as everyone turned to see what would happen next saying,
"Well, I don't think it matters whether you are Democrat or Republican, the jokes are still funny."
I asked Mother what the joke was and it was something about how there will now be watermelon and fried chicken in the Rose Garden.

Mother was still upset when I went to pick her up and she said to me, "Obama is probably more aquainted with haute cuisine than those rednecks back there."

No comments: