Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mickey Rourke's New Film

"The Wrestler" stars Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson, a giant in the ring who played Madison Square Garden 20 years earlier but now scrabbles by on matches in high school gyms.

Doing twice-a-day weightlifting sessions and eating six meals daily for six months, Rourke packed on 40 pounds of muscle for the role.

His mental regimen has been a marathon by comparison: 13 years seeing a therapist, which he had resisted for a long time.

"I didn't think anything was wrong with me. I thought it was everybody else," Rourke said. "And there was a lot wrong with me..." .

I've always liked him. His best performance will be maintaining his walk on a path of discovery. What a phenomenal actor. I wish him tons of blessings as he gets his life together.

link

No comments: