Thursday, November 29, 2007

Phoenix Update

Part of the reason this blog exists is because it's fun to document family memories and milestones and have them in a journal to look back on.

My grandson who's 10 weeks old is changing by the day it seems. He's smiling now and it's not just gas that's making him do so. ha! It's neat to watch him and feed him and have that eye to eye contact. We "talk" back and forth and he trying to form words and watches my mouth move so intently. The first sounds he's made is "Goo" and "ah-goo" and several more indescribable sounds.

Yesterday I started the 'visiting the farm' thing where you say, "The cow goes.... MOOOOOOO! And the cat goes MEEE-OOOOWWWWW!" And he grins and grins. What a joy.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awww, I can feel your joy radiating off the screen. :)

Speaking of joy.......check out the Dec issue of Rolling Stone. Or my blog now. :-D

Maggie said...

Phoenix is so precious Susan! I know how it feels to fall in love with a little one all over again. I have a very strong bond with a little one here. Jade is her name and I started babysitting her when she was only 10 days old. We don't even speak the same language, but she squeals with joy every time she sees me and it makes my heart sing.

Sudeaux Lux said...

You guys brighten an otherwise dull day filled with household chores and all the business of running a home. You are my gift. My bonus. Thank you.