Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fiddling with the template again.

This past year and a half have certainly been challenging. With losing Robin, and then moving away to care for my Mother. And now my 18 year old baby, Skyler, has gone to live with friends in St Louis, MO. Now they're discussing travelling across Europe and staying in hostels and biking around. Sigh. Nothing will ever be the same, will it?

It would be so different if she was going off to college or moving away to start a new job, but she's just blindly staying with friends without any real plans and I don't know when I'll see her again.

I looked up Empty Nest on the internet today and found some wonderful blogs. I believe there are online support groups I may look into. On a more positive note, my blues have catapulted me into major house cleaning, rearranging furniture and I may redecorate this old bedroom. Starting with painting these sad old walls maybe a vibrant barn red.

xoxo

1 comment:

Shirl said...

well, it has been my experience that vibrant barn red is ABSOLUTELY the way to go as far as color choice. *grin*

Skye will be well, Susan. It's just hard. {{{hugs}}}