Saturday, October 7, 2006

I need some helpful advice from you healthy bloggers out there. Or health minded people work, too!

A routine checkup says I need to get my blood pressure down. This means eating heart healthy and exercising more (and quit smoking, the big elephant in the room).

Anybody got the magic answer?

Just cruising through the grocery didn't yield any good ideas. So what's good for lunch or dinner and light snacking? One of my friends snacks on animal crackers because they're low fat. I used to eat so many rice cakes that I don't think I'll ever be able to eat another one, but I really enjoyed the crunching part. Maybe I need to look into some sort of diet. If I could drop 20 pounds I'd be thrilled.

*UPDATE
: Wanted to leave a food link, Slashfood, that usually has interesting stuff. Surfing around and watching the UT game and Georgia is ahead 10-7 in the first quarter. 8:27 pm

1 comment:

Shirl said...

i can't comment because ... I'm not very healthy. *sigh* Been taking BP medicine for a couple of years now. good luck, Susan!