Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Getting ready to take Mother to her gynecology checkup in a moment.... Until then I have movies on my mind. This is the time of year when all the blockbusters come out, but I usually watch movies at home and there's been some good ones on HBO and CineMax lately.

Last night I finally saw The Notebook. Oh, my. Get out the kleenex. Such a tender movie. And last weekend I saw the Wedding Crashers, which I thought was funny and The 40-Year-Old Virgin which had me actually screaming out loud. I thought of Robin and how she would have laughed at this movie, too. Oh, and last night I was up until 4:00 watching a 1995 film, Suburbia, with Parker Posey and others. Lots of good stuff on the tube lately.

So what are you watching?

3 comments:

Karen said...

The Notebook is one of my all time favorites, it is a tear jerker but it ends the way it should... wouldn't it be great if it could be like that.

The other two are sooooo funny! 40 cracked me up but it really had a sweet story.

I'm waiting for my "Failure to Launch" to arrive in the mail but I bet it won't come until after I've gone to Denver :-(

*HUGS* to you! I hope your mom's appt went well.

Sudeaux Lux said...

Failure to Launch is another one I'd like to see! I keep thinking about Steve Carrel's (sp?) character trying to ask like he was a real ladies' man... hysterical!

thanks for asking about Mother, but it was just a checkup to see how a particular medicine was doing.

Shirl said...

40 was a super movie, I thought. Failure to Launch is good Saturday afternoon fun. (I'm not real fond of SJP, I think, is why I'm slightly tepid on that one.)

S>H>I>T!!!!