Saturday, December 3, 2005

TEST POST---My EBC site won't publish this morning, so I'm trying to run down the problem. Looks like it's my server which seldom has outtage probs. Not like I had anything earthshattering to proclaim. But when you pay $72 a year for them to keep their server running at all times, a 6 hr and counting outtage just downright sucks.

Still in Tennessee. I'll probably stay until the end of the year. Then? I don't know. I would move my family over here if my daughter would come, but she doesn't want to. A seventeen year old girl being asked to move away from her friends to another state? Now just where have I heard that one before?

It was June of 1970 and my situation was a little different. I moved from this very house (which was leased for one year to someone) to Asheville when my Dad was relocating because of his job. We moved into a beautiful, old, 3-story home on a hillside in Asheville. Three months later I would be moving out on my own via my old VW van, into a dormitory on the ETSU campus in Johnson City, TN. But that's another chapter in the SJ saga.

1 comment:

Shirl said...

ah, Susan. The circles of life. Be sure to take care of you, too, in this season of upheaval. {{{hugs}}}