Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm still in Tennessee. Haven't been blog visiting. Robin is still in the hospital. Each day she fades a little more. She talked just a smidge on Saturday. Sunday, she only smiled and took a few sips of ice water from me from a straw. Had a few bites of jello. Morphine round the clock. Monday she didn't talk; only opened her eyes a few times. Didn't eat or drink. Yesterday, Tuesday, she wasn't responsive, but opened her eyes when they changed her sheets and gave her a bed bath. Breathing is more labored. Mother spent the night Monday night because she thought Rob might not make it through the night. It's becoming increasingly harder for me to see her like this.

I like to think about this quote that Robin signs her emails with:

Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "whee....what a ride!"

Now THAT puts a smile on my face. Much love and blessings to you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a ride she has had. {{{hugs}}} There is no relationship like the sister one. My heart is breaking for you.

Karen said...

That is how life should be, and what a ride she's had and you're a big part of that. I'm sending you BIG HUGS and lots of love. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Sudeaux Lux said...

You guys really give me strength. Hope you know how much I love and appreciate you being here for me during this time.

Anonymous said...

i love you and robin please know that and know that as close as i am to the hospital and to you i can not bring myself to see her it wasn't suppose to happen so fast and i know she's going to a better place let's hope garrison and arty will be there to greet her ,she will be so happy to see her dad and richard allen i am praying as hard as i can that if she has to leave us now please let her go in peace and as i sit here writing she always told me to tell everyone when she was gone damn it i told you i was sick ! love ya sus