Saturday, February 21, 2004

True Confessions
Some of us were discussing the "hell hath no fury..." and I confessed to a wee indisgression, or so I thought.

It all began when I was getting divorced. Before I moved out, I got his keys and had copies of them made. He was a real party dude at the time and went bar-hopping each evening with his friends. Soon he was drinking pretty heavily. So I'd go by the bars he frequented and move his car over to the opposite side of the parking lot. Once I returned to the apartment to retrieve some of my clothes and other belongings and I also took some of his clothes with me. I dropped them off at the cleaners instructing them to make the waist 2 inches smaller on all the pants and have the neck and chest altered on a few favorite shirts.

A year later, I heard he'd quit drinking and was attending AA. And he looked like he had lost a little weight, too.

No comments: